Flavors that always please! ……..Nothing else needs to be said.
BACON & TOMATO DIP with BLACK PEPPER CHIPS
The flavors of a BLT minus the 'L'. It can also be used as a salad dressing....think Cobb Salad.
- 1 LB SMOKED BACON DICED, COOKED, DRAINED
- 3 CUPS ROMA TOMATOES PEELED, SEEDED, DICED, DRAINED
- 1/2 CUP MAYONNAISE
- 3/4 CUP SOUR CREAM
- 1 TBS. DIJON MUSTARD
- 1/4 CUP GREEN ONIONS, DICED
- 1/4 CUP FRESH PARSLEY CHOPPED
- CAYENNE PEPPER TO TASTE
- 1 BAG BLACK PEPPER POTATO CHIPS
- Prep bacon and tomatoes then combine with remaining ingredients except chips. Stir together.
- In the food processor fitted with the steel blade, puree half the mixture. Return to bowl with other half. Refrigerate for minimum of 2 hours to allow flavors to develop.
MaryJames dishes it out:
- When you want cooked bacon crumbles or pieces, dice very cold raw bacon and then cook, stirring occasionally, until it is crisp. Drain well. A good smoked bacon makes a difference. I use Oscar Meyer Thick Cut Smoked Bacon.
- To peel tomatoes: Score an x just through the skin on the bottom of the tomato. Dip into boiling water for 10-15 seconds. Remove and slip off skin. To seed: cut in half lengthwise, squeeze and use fingers to remove seeds. Cut as desired.
- 3 cups diced tomatoes is about 2 lbs. fresh romas
- This dip keeps very well, refrigerated, for 1 week. It will separate...just have to stir.
- Puree a bit of it and use as salad dressing....would be perfect on a Cobb salad.