This is my all time favorite muffin. Very quick to make. Not even a mixer is required. I’ve tried to branch out and try others but invariably come back to this one. They are a part of every family gathering.
- 1/2 CUP BUTTER melted
- 3/4 CUP FLOUR
- 3/4 CUP WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR
- 1/2 CUP SUGAR
- 1/4 CUP LIGHT BROWN SUGAR
- 2 TEASPOONS CINNAMON
- 2 TEASPOONS BAKING POWDER
- 1/4 TEASPOON SALT
- 1/2 CUP MILK
- 1 EA EGG
- 1/2 PINT FRESH RASPBERRIES
- ZEST of 1 LEMON
- 1/2 CUP LIGHT BROWN SUGAR
- 1/4 CUP FLOUR
- 1/2 CUP PECANS chopped
- 1/4 CUP ROLLED OATS (oatmeal)
- 3 TABLESPOONS BUTTER melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare muffin pan by spraying with Baker's Joy or lining with cupcake papers.
- Melt butter. Allow to cool and whisk in egg. Set aside.
- Combine flours, sugars, cinnamon, baking powder and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add flour mixture. Stir JUST to combine. Gently add lemon zest and raspberries. Stir lightly. Spoon into 12 muffins filling 2/3's full.
- Combine topping ingredients. Spoon heavily onto each muffin. Divide evenly and use it all.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until tops spring back when touched. Allow to cool 10-15 minutes. Gently run tip of knife around edge of muffin. Place cooling rack on top of muffin pan. Turn and flip muffins to rack. Turn muffins right side up. Allow to cool on rack for several hours or overnight. This firms them up.
MJ dishes it out:
- Don't over mix muffin batter or muffins will be tough.
- May seem like too much topping. Pile it on. Use it all
- Can freeze individually on a sheet pan then bag to use as needed.
- A 'not quite full' #16 ice cream scoop is perfect for filling muffin tin,