If we think of the ‘trinity’ of Xavier’s cooking, it must include his garlic butter, his vinaigrette and his tapenade, and if we could add a fourth, it would be his aioli. So many things are done with each of them.
Xavier's Garlic Butter
- 80 grams GARLIC CLOVES about ½ cup, weighed after cleaning
- 100 grams PARSLEY without major stems
- 1 POUND UNSALTED BUTTER ROOM TEMPERATURE
- 2 TEASPOONS SALT
- 1 TEASPOON DRY BASIL or ¼ CUP FRESH BASIL
- FRESHLY GROUND BLACK PEPPER
- Remove paper skin from garlic cloves. Split each garlic clove in half and remove sprout from center.
- Wash and spin parsley dry. Remove large stems leaving mostly leaves.
- In the food processor fitted with the steel blade, pulse garlic and parsley to mince. Add butter, salt, basil and freshly ground black pepper. Puree until well combined. Remove from food processor. I divide into 4 portions. Place each portion on plastic wrap and roll into a 1 1/2 -2 inch cylinder. Transfer to freezer and use as desired.
- Enjoy the video. It shows it all.
MJ dishes it out:
- Don't panic at the number of garlic cloves. It is correct.
- Use this butter on steaks, chops, seafood, vegetables and even pizza.