This is a Xavier recipe that I forgot about until he mentioned it on Facebook. I immediately had to make it, not only because many of you requested it, but also because now I was craving it. It was very quick and easy to do since I had his vinaigrette the freezer ! #freezerpantry
Warm Cabbage Salad (Salade de Choux Rouge)
- 2 LBS. PURPLE CABBAGE
- 1 CUP ONION COARSELY CHOPPED
- 1/2 CUP FRESH PARSLEY CHOPPED
- 1 TBS. GARLIC MINCED
- Remove outer leaves of cabbage and discard. Cut head into quarters. Shred into thin slices using a mandoline. Trim onion and garlic, removing any sprouts.
- In a large bowl, toss cabbage with onion, garlic, and parsley. Add vinaigrette. Transfer to 2 quart flat casserole. Splash with red wine vinegar. Place in refrigerator for a few hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator. Toss lightly. Place in preheated 350° oven for 30 minutes. Toss once or twice during cooking time. Let come to room temperature to serve. Taste and splash with more RWV for a little accent...your call....
- This is also delicious uncooked. But, it stills needs to have an overnight in the refrigerator.
- Marinated onions, which are a part of Xavier's Vinaigrette, can be used instead of raw onions. This will reduce the amount of vinaigrette used.
- Click HERE for Xavier's Vinaigrette